Saturday, December 4, 2010

Save The Date ~ Annual Cookie Exchange

For the past few years, I have hosted a Christmas Cookie Exchange for my friends and family. Even though the party is always on the 2nd Sunday of December, I still like to send out Save the Date invitations in late October.

The holidays can get so jam-packed with parties, decorating and shopping that I always look forward to a laid back afternoon with cookies and my girlfriends!

This year the Save the Date was a recipe card with a mini Christmas cookie cutter attached. I purchased the Wilton cookie cutters on clearance after Christmas last year 6 for 80¢. A magnet strip on the back makes it perfect to hang on the fridge. The recipe card reads:

Recipe for: Save the Date for a Cookie Exchange
From the Kitchen of: Brenda

Ingredients:
1 Calendar and pen
1 Refrigerator
3 tsp Holiday Excitement
5 cups Christmas Cheer
20 Great Friends
Lots of Cookie Recipes

Recipe Instructions:
1. Take pen and mark calendar for the 3rd annual Holiday Cookie Exchange on Sunday. December 12th at 2pm
2. Place this recipe card on your refrigerator as a reminder.
3. Stir together Christmas Cheer and Great Friends until Holiday Excitement bubbles to the top.
4. Search for the perfect cookie recipe and creative packaging.
5. Check email November 30th for Evite with party details.

8 comments:

Aimdizzle said...

What a great idea. I just did a cookie exchange for the first time this year. I loved it and will def have to remember this save the date card for the exchange.

a little lovely said...

i just found your blog and was wondering if you would be interested in featuring my etsy shop on your blog?! i have lots of party printables, invitations, etc!! cardsforyoushop.etsy.com

i also blog at alittlelovelyblog.blogspot.com!

thanks :)

AP said...

Hey you should try www.partyhuddle.com
It does party planning and managing...real easy..

A

earthlyepicurean said...

Hi Brenda.
I work for a national food website, and would love to talk with you about sharing some of your party ideas on our site (www.thedailymeal.com). Can you please email me? abeck@thedailymeal.com

Thanks!!!

Bry said...

what a cute idea!

Towanda said...

I LOVE the idea of wrapping paper for runners! I am definitely going to use that for one of my upcoming parties. Thanks for the tip and I'm bookmarking your site!

Dorothy said...

my kids loves cookies I will try your recipe this weekend. This also
a great idea for gifts. Like christmas and valentines.

great post!

jogara jumawan said...

Everything is great in this post. I am very impress to this post. Well done work in this post and thanks for this post and give us information about birthday party theme, birthday party,kids birthday parties nyc