Friday, January 14, 2011

2010 Christmas Cookie Exchange

Last week I shared the Save the Date invitations for my annual Christmas Cookie Exchange. Here are some pictures from the party (please ignore the hideous wallpaper, we are in a rental property while our new house is being built!).

I used white tablecloths on the tables with wrapping paper runners for the center (Target Dollar Spot roll wrapping paper is just the right width & price).

The savory buffet included sweet & sour meatballs, mini pigs in a blanket, pepperoni dip with bagel chips, holiday tortilla chips with hot queso dip and vegetable tray with ranch dressing. The dessert buffet included peppermint chocolate cupcakes, Oreo cheesecakes, mini eclairs, dipped Milano cookies, Rice Krispie Treats and Rolo pretzel turtles.

The beverage station. I also had a Hot Cocoa Bar set up (oops, no pictures).
The Bakers:
Mmmm...cookies! Bakers were asked to bring 1 package of 6 cookies for each guest with attached recipe card.


Creative packaging:

Most Creative Packaging winner:
Most Festive Cookie winner:
Favors were mini containers filled with chocolate and jingle bell rings. Tutorial for container here.

I am so excited to have 2011's Cookie Exchange at our new house!

12 comments:

lea said...

Hi, cool post and site!

I recently wrote a few posts on my site that relate to your content:
10 tips for a fantastic children's party and
Children's party food tips and recipes.

Please feel free to link to the articles to provide content on your site!

cherylellemberg said...

What a fun blog site! It's always nice to gt creative ideas.

Julie said...

Brenda
I really like this idea and am glad you shared it.
A question - you said "Bakers were asked to bring 1 package of 6 cookies for each guest with attached recipe card" and I think earlier you said that you had 20 guests. So does each guest bake 120 cookies of the same kind? Or do they make different recipes?
best wishes, Julie.

Tali said...

Very very nice!! looks like a lot of fun.
Hey, one way to get round the wallpaper issue... get a large sheet of chipboard from the craft store and cover it with fabric that matches your event :)

Carolyn said...

This blog gives me a bunch of creative ideas! Thanks.

Year Old Birthday Party Ideas

katherine said...

Great post...my life has also a memorable day.its my lovely day when i was 7 year old and my mom organize a birthday party...
clowns Miami

sakshi said...

In a party everyone want to look different and sparkling. So just have a look on Sydney Birthday Party . It will help you a lot by giving tricks on various topics like how to add sparkle to an event,how to make your dine special.

8db8555a-da61-11e0-bae9-000f20980440 said...

I love this blog!I like how a simple idea could turn a party into an awesome work of art!I also recommend using standees that are great for picture taking. I got mine here: http://www.almostbreathing.com/

They really looked real and my daughter really loved the Winnie the pooh standee that I made for her. It cost me way less than what I have budgeted it for.

chlopzmazur said...

Looks like there was nice party ;-) Greetings.

how to seal grout

Abbi Jordan said...

Its very important when we plan for any event that time some think we should keep in mind like one the most important one is risk & second one arrangements.Thanks for this post.
Household Management

mqn said...

I used white tablecloths on the tables with wrapping paper runners for the center (Target Dollar Spot roll wrapping paper is just the right width & price).

gurjeet

Mary Stratton said...

This would have been such a great party. I am too planning such a party for my friends. I have got a very good idea after visiting your blog. Thanks