Thursday, June 9, 2011

Bollywood Cookies & Milk Adoption Shower

Recently we hosted a baby shower for a dear friend. Since the baby was adopted from India, we thought it would be fun to incorporate a Bollywood theme, full of bright & cheerful colors. To make it even more fun, we had a menu of cookies and milk.
Gold elephants flanked each side of the dessert buffet and were spruced up with little blankets.
A Wishing Well greeted guests as they arrived and the table provided a spot to place gifts. Glass vases filled with Cookie Crisp cereal (ties in with cookie theme) and daisies were scattered throughout the party.
The table centerpiece was created with painted branches, tissue pom poms and butterflies.
Guests were able to write a message to the family on colorful elephant and monkey die-cuts and then hang the message on the tree.
Beverages included coffee and three flavors of milk: white, chocolate and caramel.
The cookie buffet consisted of lots of yummy cookies displayed on pedestals and  in varying sized jars tied with ribbon.

It was a lovely afternoon to welcome a new baby to the family!

13 comments:

Melanie said...

I have been seeing Bollywood EVERYWHERE in parties...This is among the absolute best setup I've viewed so far. Nice work...gorgeous.

Mel at themeaparty

The Paper Plume said...

The elephant cookies are adorable. This theme gives me an idea for my next printable invite design....great post!

orange said...

Nice Decoration you uses for party.and photos are really great.you are genius.

mishael Aarons said...

Its really a good read for me .... I'll share here a memorable day.its my beautiful day when I was 7 and my mother organize a birthday party ... She gets kids birthday party games ideas from kidsfairyland.Com/

rockpaperscissors3 said...

Wow- what a great way to have a really personalized party! You did a wonderful job...I am sure all the moms loved it!

Jane_Monroe said...

hey follow moms, i know it might not be really connected but these yummy frosted elephant cookies reminded me of my kids favorite smileycookies and they just came out with a really cool group deal http://ziz.bz/MKCZ , i couldn't hold myself and bought some :-)

sakshi said...

I just loved your elephant cookies... These are really adorable. I want them desperately for my party... great work!!! This could have been even more gorgeous with some fine dining and decoration themes as i found them on:

Sydney Birthday Party

Enjoy all Moms!!! My comment made you smile:D

Kylie Capshaw said...

Wow! These are yummy sweets! They are very important in every party. Aside from luscious sweets, cool party games also make a party unforgettable.

Kylie Capshaw

Classic Hostess said...

Wow! Great decorations! Do you ever use beverage dispensers or other tabletop accessories to spice things up at your party? Check out our site to browse our selection of beverage dispensers, glass cake stands and more: http://www.classichostess.com

Party supplies said...

Wow this such a great article and the tips are very comprehensive. For sure many entrepreneurs with small and big businesses are going to benefit from this. Keep it up!

Party supplies

john said...

Beautiful decoration. This is really amazing concept. I think everybody will love it. Awesome...
florists Dublin

cecilia58 said...

Lovely ideas! Bollywood is so much fun...I threw a party for my little boy recently that went with a jungle animals theme. Next time maybe I'll make it more Bollywood for fun!

Silly Sally said...

What an adorable party! Please feel free to check out my party decorations at www.sillysallys.com.
In silliness,
Sally